Friday, September 6, 2013

Impeccably Fearless Friday

Today was not the best picture day for me. I  no longer fit into anything larger than a size small and all of my skirts and shorts are too big on me now.

Shirt: H&M Shorts: Forever 21 Shoes: Old Navy


In the past year I have learned and conquered more things than I have in my entire life. And I really feel like I know myself better now than I did last Fall. Last Fall I had trouble even doing the most minor tasks without falling apart. Getting out of bed every morning was a huge chore. I felt like I was waking up into a nightmare and I welcomed nightmares at night because I'd rather experience those than I would experience life.
I've grown and I will continue to grow. And I'm proud to say, I don't think my life is a nightmare anymore. I wake up every day and I remember all the things I have learned and I feel a little better.


  1. You're worth more than you think you are. While you may have had a difficult year never give in and believe yourself to be worthless.
  2. An eating disorder is not going to be overcome over night. And you aren't going to be magically fine just by eating. And telling people that you're fine isn't going to make them any less worried. This is a battle that's not going to come easily, but you just have to keep on fighting.
  3. Don't take everything so personally. Other's opinions about yourself are irrelevant.
  4. It's okay to ask for help. Everyone needs help sometimes.
  5. It's okay to not be okay.
  6. Being vulnerable is a trait to be admired, not mocked. Vulnerability is the key to any type of relationship. Don't live in fear of rejection because of how you feel or what you enjoy.
  7. Fear is the root of all of life's problems. When you live in fear, you're holding yourself back.
  8. You're not defined by your relationships. Stand up for yourself. Fight for yourself. And never ever think that your relationship plays a bigger role in life than it should.
  9. You have a lot of love to give and you have a lot of love being given to you, embrace it. Don't close yourself off to the people who care about you.
  10. If it's meant to be, it will be. Don't spend every single day worried about it. Don't question fate. Things will fall into place. 
  11. It's okay to say no to people. Stop feeling so guilty about it. 
  12. It is the quality that defines a relationship not the quantity of time.
  13. Judgments mean nothing. Judgments don't define you or anyone else. 
  14. Love yourself. It's okay that you are proud of who you are. It's okay to be proud of yourself. Its okay to love people who don't necessarily love you the same way back or to have feelings for people who don't have feelings as strong as you do. Stop being ashamed of confidence. You're not conceited, stop telling yourself that you are.
P.S. I know I look pregnant in the first picture. That's just proof that those shorts were too big on me haha they were falling past my waist.

Currently on repeat: I've Got You Under My Skin -Frank Sinatra

4 comments:

  1. first off, i adore your bow shirt here! second, i love your little list.. my favorite is #7. everyone needs to let go of the fear, and things will be so much brighter!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much. I totally agree. Also, I love your blog just followed. Fear is the root of negativity. :)

      Delete
  2. The shorts immediately caught me eye - such a cute item! Also, thanks for such a thoughtful post, I loved reading the advices, they are so true!

    ReplyDelete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)