Thursday, September 19, 2013

Moving on....

The last two weeks have been the worst two weeks of my life. I honestly am surprised I made it through them without doing something completely irrational. However, those two weeks are over. I made the agonizing move from my University in Montana back to my hometown in Wisconsin/Minnesota. I spent twenty four hours on a bus with the majority of my stuff still sitting in boxes at my dorm.When I got off the bus I actually felt relieved. Not because I wanted this to happen, but because I'm moving forward. I didn't let my financial situation ruin me. I didn't let myself give up. I'm still fighting and I guess that's really all that matters.

And I have a new love for my hometown. Granted, I don't really want to live here past January, but I have a lot more of an appreciation for this town. This is my home and this is where I belong right now. I firmly believe that everything in the past two weeks that has happened to me, has happened for a reason. And I'm actually still happy right now. I was so upset a week ago and I no longer feel upset or angry or any other negative emotion.

I'm living with my best friend and her family. I didn't even ask them. As soon as I told them what was happening, they called me and bought me a bus ticket back. I will never know how to thank them. I have no words to describe how grateful I am to have them in my life. They helped me when no one else did and it's an amazing feeling to know that there are people like that in the world.

Okay now that's out of the way. It's finally starting to feel like Fall! And I am so excited.

(This was taken with my iPhone and I'm in love with IOS7 and the new camera features.)
I've already been obsessed with eating anything pumpkin. And I'm already planning for Halloween because this is the first Halloween in three years I'm not volunteering at the public library's Haunted House they throw every year. Fall is my favorite time of the year. It's when I feel most at peace and it makes me incredibly happy. It's also my favorite time of year to take pictures. :) I hope I can get some cool shoots in this year.





Crop Top/Shoes: Small Outlet Store Chain Skirt: Forever 21 Cardigan: Target


Also, do you love my little plastic mason jar cup as much as I do? I know I could easily just use a regular glass mason jar, but I'm so clumsy so this one is just so much easier to carry around with me.



Currently on Repeat: I And Love And You by The Avett Brothers

6 comments:

  1. I want your mason jar cup! But I am so glad you are doing better and that your best friend and her family was there for you! I am so glad life is turning around! You are still in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry you've been having a rough go of it, doll. thinks will perk up soon. you have everything you need inside of you to effect that change! just remember that. : ) and i agree about the clarifying power of returning home, if only for just a time, after being away. suddenly, everything just looks a little different, you know?

    chin up, dear! and in the mean time…that skirt…so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. You've been one of my favorite blogs for years. :)

      Delete
  3. You're so beautiful, and I'm sorry that you've been experiencing a tough time at the moment!

    Jes | www.naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll survive, I've made it this far. :)

      Delete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)