Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Good Old Days

There are multiple things I pride myself on. But there are two things that I feel most strongly at the moment.

One is my ability to analyze and understand. I very strongly believe that I have a clearer mind than anyone I know. I've always been the type of person who watches the things that happen around them. I'm incredibly aware of my surroundings. I have this natural instinct to just know things are going to happen before they actually happen.

I'm someone most people I know go to talk to because I actually genuinely listen. I'm so interested in what other people have to say. I love listening to other people's point of views, regardless of what I believe or how I feel about a particular topic or situation. I find it fascinating. I think it's just so beautiful the way people interact and the way they perceive certain things. I listen without judgment. I don't tell you what you should or should not do. Just because I think one way doesn't mean anyone else is wrong. The world is not split up into right or wrong, or good or evil.

And the other main thing I pride myself on is my ability to see beauty in everything and everyone. There is a silver lining to every situation. And there's almost a tragic beauty to the vast spectrum of human emotion. Every tear, every slammed door, every drop of blood shed, every kiss, every argument, everything has a specific meaning behind it. Every single path we choose to take has a meaning. Life is so beautiful.

And I feel like so many people fail to see this beauty. How many people really take a moment to just appreciate their surroundings.

"I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days, before you actually left them" -Andy Bernard 

I feel like it's human's natural instinct to constantly want to move on rather than enjoy and value what they have right now. No one seems to want to live in the moment. And I'm guilty of this sometimes too, but especially in the last year, I've started to see things so much more clearly.

Beauty is in every person you meet and every relationship you have. Beauty is carried through every single conversation. Every single moment you have has a specific meaning to it.

How many times do you look back on the time you spent with a particular person and how much time do you spend reflecting on what you wish you did and your regrets, rather than what you actually did?

The people you have in your life right at this very moment, and the memories you are making, should be your number one focus. They should be the center of your world because time isn't going to slow down just for you and one day you are going to look back and wish you could relive this moment. One day you are are going to understand what you were missing out on when you spent so much time searching for your future rather than realize what's right in front of you.

Just live for every moment and enjoy where you are at in your life right now. Take chances and accept the hard times to make room for the better. Don't go searching for your future, let it find you. "The Good Old Days" are right now, don't waste them.

On Repeat: Next In Line by Walk The Moon

2 comments:

  1. I resonate really well with a lot of this. thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad :) Thanks for reading it. I love it when people can relate to my writing.

      Delete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)