Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Motivation


sorry for the rather awful, boring pictures. I made the attempt to go outside to take some pictures for an outfit post, but unfortunately it was simply too cold for me to be out there for more than a couple minutes.

I've been feeling rather lazy lately. I know I addressed this in my most recent post, but I feel like I'm just getting worse and worse as the year progresses. It's been a week and I'm terrified that I'm going to continue to feel this way. I want to blame it on the weather outside, but that would be wrong.



 I have so many things I want to do. So many places that I would like to see this year and so many goals I wish to accomplish. I look at colleges online and I'm overwhelmed because what happened to me in the Fall was so horrible and heartbreaking that I'm scared it's going to happen again. I don't want to be so set on something and have it fail again. I can't afford school and that's a terrifying thought. Even with grants and financial aid, I'm never going to get the city feeling that I've longed for since I was a child. I no longer want to be in the Midwest. I want to experience new areas of the United States and the world.


I want to take pictures of new and exciting things. There are so many things I have on my bucket list. Small things like go to a Cherry Blossom festival and big things like graduate from college. And maybe to some people these things seem so easy and trivial, but for me, they are things that are not within in reach. And that's tough.

Anyway, this post was supposed to be out my lack of motivation lately. It's tough to feel so unmotivated. You can't really force yourself to do things and to be motivated because usually you just end up resenting it. I don't want to force myself to go out and take pictures every day when I just want to lay in bed. I'm trying to find things that inspire and motivate me.

Sorry for the terrible writing in this post. I guess I'm not sure where my head is at. How has everyone been doing as far as their new year goals go?

I was absent from the blogosphere when I took these pictures, but I figure I might as well show you a few now. I took these about a month ago for an exchange student my friend is hosting for her senior year of high school.



She's from Mexico and it was her first winter in the United States. So she got to compare Mexico and Wisconsin's weather haha. Definitely a new experience for her.








What motivates you and what's something you are really looking forward to doing in 2014? Let me know. I'm still searching for something that motivates me.

Kaili


10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, adore the black and white leggings. We haven't had snow yet this way but fingers crossed hopefully soon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pants actually from h&m. You can have some of our snow if you want haha.

      Delete
  2. Aw don't beat yourself up so much, i thought this post was great! The photos turned out pretty and I liked your honest writing. And I know how those ruts can feel, especially if you don't have a lot of money to break out and just go do something. Why don't you try going somewhere new close to your town? Go explore the town over or maybe go into a new neighborhood or coffee shop. Just shake up that routine a little and you'll start feeling like your stretching your wings. It helps :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate this :)

      Delete
  3. I want it to snow here sooo bad but all we are getting is rain and wind.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. I'd prefer the rain to be honest, but what's winter without at least a little snow?

      Delete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)