Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stories from my iPhone




I spent an hour or so walking around town going through all of the thrift shops in my town as well as our used book store. I didn't buy anything and to be honest I was kind of bored. I love thrifting, but it's definitely not as fun without my partner in crime. Curse her for being out of state. 

Honestly, I was just trying to find something to do today so I could say that I didn't spend my entire day off laying in bed at home. Sleep is all I seem to do on the days when I am not working or the days I work during the day. KAILI YOU HAVE A WHOLE NIGHT AHEAD OF YOU. I feel like I never get out and do anything anymore. 

Still, I have to look at how far I've come since last year. I was in a job that didn't treat me very well, I was in a serious relationship that I knew was wrong for me at the time, I was living in a toxic environment, and I had just failed two of my four classes my first semester of college and I was just an all around sad person. I was depressed, but didn't even attempt to make a change. I wasn't willing to make a change because I thought that I was going be stuck forever. I'm glad for how much I have grown in such a limited amount of time. I'm proud of the things I have conquered. 2013 was the worst year of my life, but I won't let myself fall down that same path again. 

Well. The rest of my night is going to be spending the rest of my night watching 30 Rock catching up on Parks and Rec and dreaming about the day when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are my best friends. And when Brian Williams and Nick Offerman are my husbands.  

I might delete this post later.

Until next time,
Kaili

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you! On my days off I would just want to sleep too! It does seem like you've come a long way! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)