Tuesday, January 21, 2014

When it's Cold Outside


It's below zero. And I am NOT going to go outside. No no no no no. Much too cold for this girl. And I'm getting sick so, it's probably for the best. I'm finding myself still unmotivated to do things. This is why I personally am not a fan of winter for the most part. When it's cold out, I never want to go outside. I hope it warms up soon. I was like the thirty degree weather we were getting.

So instead of going outside this is what I've been up to (besides working anyway):

Reading: 


I just finished Mindy Kaling's book. And let me tell you, this book is not for everyone. She doesn't have a filter, which I think is kind of great. I like that she just says things the way she sees them even if they may not always be what everyone wants to hear. I personally enjoyed it. I have a huge obsession with Mindy Kaling. I just loved reading how she got to where she is today. She worked for it and it's something I really admire. It definitely isn't my favorite book. And it's nothing compared to Tina Fey's bossypants (my obsession with Tina Fey comes nowhere near my obsession with Kaling, I'm sorry), but I really liked her voice.
Up next for reading: Nick Offerman's Paddle your Own Canoe and BJ Novak's new book of short stories, and The Great Gatsby because I've been meaning to read it for forever.

Drinking: 

Dr. Pepper and Hot Cocoa. I have a problem.

Notice my owls. Also, I've been eating WAY too much Chinese lately.

Dreaming Of: 


Moving to New York. I know that I'm as cliche as they come, but this is where I'd like to be someday soon. The thought of being so close to Broadway and to NBC now that's something I would love. I've always dreamt of one day working for NBC and I hope that one day that is something that happens.

Wearing: 



Some days I like to channel Rosie the Riveter

Watching: 


Parks and Rec, Breaking Bad, HIMYM

Rewatching:


30 Rock, The Newsroom

Waiting For:

Warmer weather of course, and the chance to go out and take pictures.
My trip to Chicago on the sixth of February to see my family for mine and my sister's birthday. I'll see you soon Chicago. Just bought my ticket the other day and it's all I've been able to think about.
The chance to move somewhere new soon. I just went to see an apartment. Crossing my fingers that I get it because I fell in love.
2015. Yes. I am waiting for the arrival of the next year. I really need to work on living in the moment rather than living in the future.

Hope you guys are having a lovely week,
Kaili

On Repeat: Fluorescent Adolescent by The Arctic Monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to read the things you write back to me :)