Monday, January 6, 2014

Woo Woo Cold Weather

It's freezing. I gave a girl at work my shift today because I didn't even want to step foot outside today. I'm a wimp.
But seriously, all of the schools in Wisconsin/Minnesota are closed today and tomorrow because of the weather and some businesses are closed as well.
Originally I was going to write this post about my New Years "Resolutions", but then I realized that I don't actually like New Year Resolutions. I'd rather think about things I want to do in the next year. New Years Resolutions imply fixing yourself or your life and I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't want "fix" myself, I simply want to improve myself. I realize that that sounds like the same thing haha, but I'm really trying to focus on loving myself.

I'm not entirely sure of what I want to do in the next year, but I think that I should sit down and seriously sort out my priorities. I'm incredibly lazy, especially lazy. I feel like I use working full time as an excuse to sleeping all day and I'm really not a fan of that. There are so many things I could be out doing. I really need to take full advantage of my time when I have time free and I need to learn new things and become the person I claim to be.

I'd really like to become healthy this year. I'd like to start eating healthy, because I know that I allow myself to give into the voice in my mind from time to time. Starving myself isn't any better that binging on unhealthy food. I need to learn a healthy balance and I really need to start seeing myself in a positive light. This year I will NOT fall for my minds tricks. I will not starve myself, but I won't congratulate myself when all I'm eating are foods with absolutely no healthy value to them at all.

And I'd really like to become more healthy in my mind as well. I'm seriously considering sitting down and just writing out everything I hope to accomplish in the next year. And I need to realize who I am. No more talking myself down. I AM worth it. I will become the person I claim to be.

I'd also like to go back to school this year and really do it right this time. If anyone reading this has any ideas about a good school that has a good english/journalism/photography/communications program I'm all ears. College is expensive, but I'm hoping I can get some good financial aid.

I'd also really like to move. It's so difficult to think about packing up and moving by myself after the Montana disaster, but I don't want to be here. I want to expand my horizons and experience new things.


And I'll leave you with that. I have more goals, but I'm not going to share them with you at this time. I feel like I've wasted the first week of January, but I won't waste the rest of the year.

Also, I'll show you some pictures from my latest shoot. I made them get dressed up for me to do a family shoot as a Christmas present for their mom.









Note: He NEVER smiles for pictures. His mother was pleased.


Before I forget, one of the things that I would really like to do this year is get back in touch with my dramatic side. Theatre and acting has been a huge part of my life and I even started out majoring in it, but I feel like I sort of lost touch with it when I lost my way last year and I'd really like to get that love back. I miss it.
I watched Saving Mr. Banks the other night and I was reminded of that love. It even inspired me to watch Mary Poppins for the first time tonight.
Disney, Musicals, Acting, Broadway. There is just so much magic and I miss it like crazy.
 2010
ohhhhh high school theatre. those were the days. 
Have a lovely night,
Kaili

20 comments:

  1. Saving Mr. Banks did the same thing for me! It reminded me the importance of story telling and being authentic to your character. Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. As someone who has a love for both the written word and theatre, the movie really inspired me. Definitely a see again kind of movie.

      Delete
  2. lovely!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never call anyone who lives in cold weather like this regularly a "wimp." =) I hear it's extremely cold and I feel for everyone who is living in these extreme temps right now!
    I'm like you...I don't do resolutions. I don't like the implied meaning of "fixing" yourself either. I'd rather be improved upon. haha. There's definite flaws in me but, I suppose I'm not willing to change that??
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace your flaws. After all, are they really flaws if you love them? I have plenty of quirks about myself that sometimes I see as flaws, but most days I actually like them. I don't know if that makes sense. I think that we almost see flaws in ourselves that aren't really there. We are our harshest critics. We sort of mirror what we think society wants from us.
      Thanks:)

      Delete
  4. looks like you guys are having a fun time in those pictures, despite the cold :)

    xxo
    Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we were freezing and the youngest just wanted it to be over with, but we tried :)

      Delete
  5. Nice pictures! But it does look pretty cold over there!

    x Angela
    www.bouncingbrunette.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you said resolutions seem like ways to fix yourself and you want to improve. That really takes the pressure off and makes it easier for you to go get what you want. In 2013 I moved states and it ended up being a great thing for me. Right now I don't know if I want to stay in the city or move again but I know that getting out of my hometown was what I really needed. So if you choose to try moving again, I think it would open up a lot of possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I've just been so cautious about it because I moved so much in 2013 and always ended up back in Wisconsin. I'd really like to find a place and settle there and just enjoy where I am. I hope you make a decision soon :) There are so many things out there to explore. Moving anywhere can be an adventure, even if it close to home!

      Delete
  7. I don't know if my earlier comment posted, but I just wanted to say that it's extremely brave of you to want to move and expand your horizons. Also, I love that you are also planning to become a healthier eater this year--definitely one of my priorities!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping the move does me good. And I'm thinking about writing out a mean plan eventually so I make sure I'm eating what I'm supposed to eat. :)

      Delete
  8. Looks like you're having agreat time!
    These photos are really inspirational too :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)