Friday, August 22, 2014

Judgement

I wrote this today. I posted it on my tumblr, but I liked it so much that I decided I would like to post it here as well. It really resonates with me right now and I hope that other people can understand where I am coming from.


I’m hurt. Incredibly so. And if you could read this I’d appreciate it.

I don’t wish harm on another human being. I couldn’t careless if we grew apart or we fell out or we just lost touch, there’s no way I would be cruel to that person. I would never talk about them badly behind their back because of their choices or even their choice to not be friends with me or mine to not be friends with them. 
Do not judge me for the choices I make in my own life that only affect me. I make my choices and you make yours. Friendship is a two way street.”You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.” -Audrey Hepburn
Be kind. Do not judge in a way in which you would not want to be judged.
Truthfully, who I was a few months, weeks, years ago is not who I am today. I am forever growing and changing and learning. The choices I choose and the paths I take have no bearing on you. Respect me and my life choices. 
I do not and I will never claim to be perfect. I make mistakes every day. I’m moody and I can be snippy when I’m in a bad mood. I’m nothing to look at. I see my flaws. I face them every single day when I look in the mirror. I face it every second I’m left alone with my thoughts. Do not try and exemplify my awareness. I can be crazy, neurotic and unkind. I can be quiet. I am nowhere near selfless. And I have made mistakes I can never take back
I’m constantly working towards a better me. And part of that better me is distancing myself from people who make me feel like less than I am and people who hold me back from growing into who I could one day be. Please do not pretend to know me when you do not. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep hanging in there! Even in the simplest of things you seem so much more happy than you did when I first stumbled upon your blog. Praying for you sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)