Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chicago through my iPhone

Last weekend I took an impromptu trip to Chicago for the day. Probably the most exciting thing about the trip was finally seeing my family for the first time in 8 months! 



Also seeing my sister's little pregnant belly for the first time! 

I had a place specifically in mind for brunch, but after wandering for a half an hour looking for the place I finally settled on a little French restaurant called La Brasserie. 










I literally found this place by searching "smoked salmon sandwich" on google. And we weren't going to go here, but I was lucky enough that we walked passed it on the street starving and cold and we stopped in. Definitely an amazing choice. The Croque Salmon was absolutely delicious and watching my Mother actually order French food was incredibly surprising because she is pretty much the pickiest and least adventurous person when it comes to food I know. 

Unfortunately it was so cold and rainy out that we ended up leaving a few hours before we has originally planned. Didn't lessen my love for Chicago. 






And of course we had to go out for dinner with the rest of my siblings and take an obnoxious amount of pictures. 





It sucks only being there for a day, but hopefully soon I can be back for a longer trip. 





12 comments:

  1. I never have been to Chicago but it looks just wonderful!! So glad you could be reunited with your family even for a little! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've neve been to Chicago but have always wanted to visit! It looks dreamy! Love all your pictures and your food recommendations:)

    www.sarahrunyon.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just in Chicago over the weekend! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time, thanks for the pics you shared!

    And the restaurant looks so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your site and I LOVE Chicago. Can't wait to go back one day and congrats to your sister, 8 months is a long time to not see your fam!! Hope you had an amazing time

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! That food looks absolutely delicious! xoxo

    Arushee // Unadorned Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks beautiful when it rains. must be such a good time there. and the food looks so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chicago looks fun :) sometimes you discover amazing places by trying something new when you have something else in mind!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place and photos:)
    AND Giveaway on my blog-> http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/2014/10/giveaway-echo-paul.html
    xx
    Bianka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a good day :)
    Visit my blog maybe? Let me know if you did.

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice photographs! It looks like you had a really great time :)
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete

I like to read the things you write back to me :)